The aspect of my work that excites and inspires me the most is...
Bringing people and partners together and boosting innovation, while making optimum use of EU funding and other subsidies provided by national and regional governments.
I think that open innovation and external collaboration is important in my field because...
We can boost innovation in the market if we work closely with external partners, especially business partners in various industries and throughout the supply chain. The Horizon2020 EC program and other subsidies enable us to set up such partnerships. In this way, we stimulate the economy and contribute to the creation of more and new jobs.
Key areas of interest and expertise
- Materials sciences
- Materials analysis
- Program management
- Bringing people and groups together (connect, shape and engage)
- Financial, legal and IP aspects of subsidy projects
- EC regulations related to Horizon2020 program
- Experience with running EC projects
I represent DSM in the following external collaborations:
- SPIRE: Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy Efficiency, the process technology pillar of the EC Horizon2020 program
- ICT discussion group within Horizon2020 (modeling and digital economy)
- Through these groups we have access to other networks (industrial, academic and RTO, and EU).
Geleen, the Netherlands